Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23

It has been a little bit of a crazy week. I am feeling the affects of it. I can't stop yawning.

Friday is our live concert night at the Keep. So we are always there for the sound and to make sure things run smoothly. This past Friday we had "The Boyz". It was packed. Everything was great. We got home at 10:45 pm.

Saturday was no different. Karaoke night at the Keep has been getting more and more popular. Again, we were packed. Since I run the computer with the song list, I am there until 10pm. Which was a good thing.. 10 is much earlier than 10:45. Except that I got home and realized Jon had the house keys and he was still closing up and then heading out to find some local food (both for him and the guard.) So what should have been an early bed night wasn't.

Sunday. I was on the schedule to teach Sunday School. I managed to make the kids laugh. So I count that as a success. Hopefully they learned something also.

Father's Day. Or June 19th day. Jon didn't want to celebrate so we celebrated June 19th instead. Now we aren't normally open at the Keep on Sunday. We want to be able to relax. Give the staff the option of attending church. A day of rest. This Sunday we opened for dinner. For one party. They had come in to ask us on Friday if we would be willing to open for them. Some of the our staff agreed to come in, so we said yes.

So, I head back up to the Keep at 4 pm, to start cleaning up from karaoke the night before. Turn the drink coolers on. Coffee machine on. Kitchen staff organized.

At 6:30, the team of 40 come. We were ready. They had nicely let us know that they would be ordering, at least, 24 pizzas and 12 burgers. We had all that ready to go when they arrived. It was crazy. So do I include the part where I am being petty (and I know I am?).

So, they asked Jon to say something to the group before they prayed. Jon nicely came and asked me if I wanted to stand up there with him. I, of course, said no. I am not a large crowd person. I like being behind the scenes. Jon goes up in front, talks about me, the kids, and saying welcome. All fine and good. I remain in the kitchen to make sure things are getting out in a timely manner. When the kitchen was done, I go and find something else to help with. The team was buying a lot of bags, jewelry and headbands, so I go and help with that. While doing that I hear the head of the team talking about what was going on the next day for the team. He then mentions that the Keep is not usually open on Sundays, so could they all give a round of applause to "johnny" for opening. (Here is where I am being petty. My flesh won.)

A round of applause for JOHNNY? Um... ok.... thanks. I didn't do anything. Who came in at 4 to clean. Who scheduled the staff. Who made sure the purchasing was done so there was enough. Who does the ordering for the bags, the jewelry, the headbands.

It's my own fault really. I didn't want to be in front. I didn't want to be out smuuzing with the people. (yes, smuuzing is a Jen word.) So why should it bother me? It shouldn't. I don't do this for people. I do it for God. God has lead me down this path. God's hand has been in this from the beginning. To God be the glory.... not to me. Yes, people hopefully benefit. Relax. Enjoy.

Now it is Thursday. I am tired. Like I said, I can't stop yawning. Even typing yawning... is making me yawn. Maybe if I wasn't as tired, my flesh, my feelings wouldn't have been bruised, but that happens. I just remind myself. I am doing this for God's glory. God, not man's praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment