Monday, October 3, 2011

Oct.

Has it really been almost a month since I last posted? Realizing that it is now October, I wonder where the year has gone. It has seemed to fly by. Maybe because it has been so hectic. Maybe because it has been one huge roller coaster, with the up's and down's. It feels like there were more down's then up's... but I think that is the way life is. Is it because we tend to focus more on the negative? I don't think we consciously try to focus on the negative. I think it takes a conscious effort to focus on the positive though.

Some updates since I last wrote:

Rich, my brother, is healing from his surgery. He had some rough days right after the surgery but the Doctor's think they were successful. Now he is on the slow road of recovery. I know for him it will be the most difficult part. He can't drive or lift things heavier than 10 lbs. He might be able to start work in a week or two, but will have to wait to see if the Dr. gives the go-ahead.
Praise God he is healing so quickly.

Jon has been in Canada and the US the past few weeks. Conference after conference. It has been a long time away, but I think it has been very productive.

Kenna and Trevor were finally able to start school. Although some of the instructor led DVD's don't coincide with the books. Jon will be bringing the rest of their curriculum when he comes. Another boy has joined their home school classes. We found a supervisor, we hope will work out. And God provided a science/math teacher for them for the next three months! Strange how things happen, but totally right up God's alley. :-)

Declan is getting into the swing of 3rd grade. Although the schedule here is rather weird. He will have off for two months starting Dec. 5th. So he is sort of on an American school schedule by starting September, but also on a Ugandan schedule as he will have his long break over Christmas.

As for me? Still trying to run the Keep. I'm sure there are other things I am doing, but they aren't coming to mind right now. I think I must be tired.

Oh, I guess the craziest update is central market. For those of you who knew central market.... it is no more. The government decided they wanted to update it, so they kicked all the vendors out and now it is just an empty lot with a ton of trash. I'll try to get pictures as it blows my mind away.

No comments:

Post a Comment